Sunday, September 15, 2013

Update on the rain here in Colorado

I have a cute little creek that runs close to my house in a greenbelt.  I walk my dog down there every day, looking for signs of wildlife and other Nature's treasures.  This weekend, we had a lot of rain in our area and my cute, little creek became a mighty river!  I think it rose about 8 feet above the normal level on Saturday night.  When I checked today, it had lowered about 4 feet.  It was amazing to see it run so high and so sad to see the destruction it causes.  I am very lucky to live south of the Denver area and not up north.  My prayers go out to all of those people who live up there and have lost so much.

Here are some of the photos I took of our little creek:  during the flooding and the day after





I won't be walking my dog down here for a while; not till it dries out!

No comments:

Post a Comment