Monday, September 2, 2013

Teachers: Project WILD series

For those of you who are teachers and those who teach science, I would recommend the Project WILD series.  This series is about Environmental Education, from habitats to bird ecology to water conservation, and so much more.  This is a great series of workshops and its fun as well.  To find out more about the different workshops, go to their websites.  There are several to choose from:  Project WILD, Project Wet, Project Learning Tree,  Flying WILD, and for those who teach pre-school, there is Growing Up WILD.  I have been to most of them and the workshops are a lot of fun!  You can usually find workshops through the website or through your local Division of Wildlife department.

If you have already been to one of these workshops, I would love to hear about your expereinces with them.

1 comment:

  1. I just attended a Project Learning Tree Train the Trainers workshop on Saturday and can now train others. We had SO MUCH fun that the day flew by and I couldn't believe it was over so soon. The guide is absolutely fantastic and an amazing resource. I teach in a state preschool and have to show my "theme" through all the centers in the classroom. The guide has ideas for multiple centers/interest centers. Today I signed up for a Project Wet/Project Wetlands workshop, as well. I'm also going to sign up for a Growing Up Wild workshop. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete